Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ikea trips and the Temple

Well-
I'm so the winner of any worst blogger ever contests that may be currently running. What can I say, my life just isn't that interesting! :) (That and I just can't remember to actually blog.)

Well this certainly feels like the LONGEST winter ever. It started snowing here back in October and it's still freezing cold. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I will be for spring to come. Bring on the green! There is nothing more depressing then brown Ontario. We took a road trip to Ikea and then the Temple on Saturday and the whole drive was boring brown. (Until we hit the GTA and then it was just buildings.)

Can I just tell you for a minute how much of a fan of Ikea I am. Really, I wish we had one closer. There's just something fun about all the cool stuff that they have, and I've now become a big fan of their meatballs. It's just so appealing to wander around pretending that all these great rooms could be mine...

While on our wonderful trip to Ikea Holly and I decided it would be a good idea to take random pictures of us being old. We have a dear young lad in our YSA who likes to remind us that we're not as young as he is, and the jokes have now extended to things like canes and walkers. While I am fully cognizant that I am really not that old, it sure can feel like it in a YSA branch. Here's a few sample pictures...




Here's Holly and her wonderful Wicker Rocking Chair...every old lady should have one.




My walker. Gotta have something to help you get around...



The knitted afgan... we were taking pattern ideas so we could make one.


The Temple was just as amazing as it always is. I am forever grateful that Heavenly Father has provided a way for families to be together forever. There's nothing better then going to the temple on a Saturday night. I only wish it were closer so that I could go weekly instead of monthly.


5 comments:

Kellie said...

Yay for updating your blog! So fun to go to IKEA & the Temple...I totally agree. My friend (Miriam) & I actually took pics of each other in the fake rooms like they were our rooms...it was fun. I liked your old lady pics :)

Talk to you soon! 7 weeks til baby's here!

Let the party begin... said...

I am so with you on the cold thing...I'm sick of it! I too wish we had an Ikea near us. Let me tell you how jealous I am of your outing...Ikea and the Temple, two great places to be. At least we have the Temple near. Welcome back to the world of blogging!

Channynba said...

HOORAY FOR THE UPDATE!!!! I was starting to think you gave up on the blogging world.
Looks like you had a fun trip...I have never been to IKEA, but have heard many great things about it. And who wouldn´t enjoy a day at the temple.

Laura Dunford said...

I am worse Kristiane.. I went from October until today ..I think I win the contest. :)

The Heuristic Hall said...

This post is SOOOOO old! But was one of the good ones, I mean you did make up a whole poem duing this trip! haha