Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ranting

Ok so I'm a total copy cat and figured that I would totally go for Julia's whole rant blog...what can I say, I totally loved the idea. Even if it makes me a horrible person for ranting when I should just be patiently loving everyone all the time....


Rant #1: I HATE hanging out with drunk people. I went to my work Christmas party last friday and as much as I truly love my co-workers, I'm sorry guys, but I don't want to hang out with you when you're drunk. It makes me uncomfortable. I don't see how loosing all your inhibitions and doing things you would be totally embarrassed about when you're sober is fun. I just don't get it! Perhaps it's just because I'm a stick in the mud, and because I don't know what it feels like, but I don't care, drunk people are not funny to me. It just makes me sad.


Rant #2: Julia if you think the whole plow thing is bad in Halifax you should see what it's like in London. The don't even START plowing until there's 4 inches of snow on the ground, and if you're not right down town, sidewalks don't get done at all. Seriously, Hello, Safety anyone???


Rant #3: I hate taking flack for not going to YSA activities. Honestly, there was a point in my life when I lived for those things, and all I ever wanted to do was hang out with the YSA, at whatever activity was coming along, but I've outgrown that and I just like hanging out in my apartment with a good book, or TV show or something. I'm all about small groups, and sometimes a large activity is fun, but organized activities with chaperone's just makes me feel like I'm 14. I'm not less active, I'm just a homebody.


Rant #4: Piggybacking on Rant #3, I DO NOT want a YSA activity at my Parent's house on New Years Eve. That BLOWS!!! All I want is to stay home with my mom and eat Chinese food and watch sappy chick flicks. Unfortunately for me, my cousin seems to think that the YSA have to have a party on New Years and someone convinced my mom it was ok to do it there. Anyone want to spare me from that torture and invite me somewhere else???


Well, I'm going to stop there because Honestly I think I could go on and how sad is that??? Pretty bad eh! Oh well! Well, two more weeks until I go home, I can't wait to see the Ocean!!! I'm super excited!!!


Here's a picture of Annick, Lisa and I at the Party on Friday night....I think this was actually before the drinking started :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say AMEN to the staying home from YSA activities!! Can we hang out when you come home?

Kristine said...

You can totally come to the Smith house for new years eve if you feel so inclined, technically its also a party, but its just the family .... and you have been adopted .... so you can come.

amen to the drunk people too.... they arent as cool as they think, not even close.

cant wait to see you!!!!

Julia said...

oh man i totally get the ysa thing. sometimes hanging out with a big group is the farthest thing from fun, espcially when you're just ready to veg.
i am sorry about your new years dilema. i dont even know what josh and i are doing, nothign sounds good to me! i like the idea of chinese food!

Rob said...

drunk people rule!!!! i can't believe you are dissing them!!! hahaha. actually, i DO get a kick out of them, but i never have to hang out with them, just serve them at work some nights.
Maybe i can go to the YSA new year's thing instead of you! i will party it up like it was 2003!!! WOOOHOOO!!!